The notification settings allows users to get notified on all the updates around the various modules of Mesh (Goals, Initiatives, Reviews, 1:1s and Feedback). You can find this under Me >> Settings >> Notifications.
This usually falls under two categories,
- When the due date is approaching for a particular goal/ initiative for which you’re the owner/ collaborator
- When there’s an update to a goal/ initiative for which you’re the owner/ collaborator (adding collaborator, shelving an initiative, changing the due date, etc)
The notifications setting helps in ensuring that users don’t miss out on important updates as described above. And the way this would work for the two types of personas on Mesh is,
- Employees (Direct reports + Managers) - Can override the organisation settings with personal preferences and can reset back to organisation settings.
- Admins - Can set the organisation-wide settings.
Currently, there are 4 different channels on which you can be notified of the updates and the control of your channel preferences lies in your hands. The channels are,
- Mobile App
With the added functionality of being able to get notified on email, we’re eliminating the mandate of needing the users to login everytime to check these notifications. On top of that, this also eliminates the manual intimations/ confirmations often required to be conveyed by both managers and their direct reports to each other.
The best thing about the feature, however, is that the control of the notifications lies with you and your organization. This includes,
- What do you wish to be notified about
- Which type of notifications you wish to receive, and
- What all channels do you wish to receive notifications on
The only thing that will be out of your purview is the frequency of the notifications. Currently, it's universally set on an hourly duration for everyone. This means that you'll receive the notifications in hourly batches which will include all the updates that have been done in the past hour. In case the system finds no update in the past hour, no notification will get triggered.
With a simple toggle users would be able to enable/ disable their selections within all the 3 aforementioned areas.
One thing to note here is that, irrespective of the status of your email notifications, you'd still receive them for a few core use cases such as,
- Review cycle reminders
- Engagement survey reminders
- Payment change information
- Employee Roster change (Only with Bulk Upload)
- Modified 1:1 settings - Updated default template
- Made a review form live or scheduled one
- Modified calibration settings
- Made an engagement survey live
- Scheduled an engagement survey
- Enabled/Disabled a plugin
- CSV download
- Goal deletion (notification to manager only)
Types of Notifications
Currently, you’ll only be able to see runtime notification options. We’ll be releasing a few more notification types in subsequent releases.
Runtime notifications refer to the major updates on the platform that users are required to know, in real time. Another way to look at runtime notification events is those updates that can affect how you’re planning your workday.
Following are the events for which you can enable runtime notifications along with who all will get notified for the respective event.
Apart from the modules, we also send you occasional emails on making the most out of Mesh with respect to new releases, product updates, etc., as well as onboarding tooltips to help you get acquainted with the platform quickly and reach your aha moment. You can choose to receive these or not as well by simply clicking on "Mesh dashboard" under what you get notified about section.
Please sign in to leave a comment.