The analytics a.k.a. Insights section of your Mesh dashboard is predominantly used by managers and the senior leadership team to quickly get a top-down sense of specific team-wide as well as organization-wide performance. But before getting into the intricacies of analysing Goals under Insights, there are two important filters that dictate the kind of information you can derive from here.
- Group By
Both of these are cornerstones of the Insights section on Mesh and while Cohorts stays consistent throughout all the 5 products, the Grouping aspect will vary for the different product lines. We’ll look at cohorts here and cover grouping by objectives and individuals separately.
Cohorts are employee groups created on the Mesh dashboard by managers and process owners/ admins to look at the performance of larger but very specific groups of employees. These cohorts come very handy when you wish to look at the performance of, for example,
- All the marketing folks working out of the US, India and Brazil
- Managers of all the teams working out of your India office
- Only the L2 engineers in your team who work out of Brazil
For creating cohorts, the very first option on the cohort dropdown, “Create Cohort”, is where you’ll start from. After filling in a cohort name and deciding on its visibility, you'll find 9 different variables that can be used to slice and dice your cohorts as per your wish. These are,
- Data Superset - Of either all employees, my team or my organization
- Gender - Select between the two genders
- Ethnicity - Select ethnicity of groups of employees
- Function - The different teams in the organization
- Grade - The different seniority levels within teams
- Location - Your office locations
- Review - Select any review cycle as the source for your data and then filter the cohort participants basis ratings assigned
- Goal - Select any timeline for which you wish to look at the goals completion rate and then filter the cohort participants basis the progress
- Engagement - Select any engagement survey as the source for your data and then filter the cohort participants basis ratings assigned
- 1:1 - Select any timeline for which you wish to look at the 1:1 completion percentage and then filter the cohort participants basis this completion percentage
- Feedback - Select any timeline for which you wish to look at the feedback score and then filter the cohort participants basis this score
(During the onboarding session, the Mesh team will help you with defining parameters under all these variables.)
While creating a cohort, you also have the option of creating shared cohorts. These are helpful when, say, the CMO wants to create a cohort of their direct reports and share it with the CEO.